Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to purchase my first boat Thursday. It is a 2008 tracker grizzly 1548 with a 25 hp mercury also 2008 . Low hours . The guy is asking 4300 for the boat . It has fish finder and trolling motor with it . Also trailer is a tracker model with good tires , I’m looking for opinions on the price? Is it a decent deal .

·
Registered
13,675 Posts
My first internet search revealed the Hull is worth between $1500 and $2000. Add a motor, trolling motor, and fish finder with a good trailer, I suspect it won't be on the market long. I am assuming it is tiller steer.

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
4300 is on the higher end of what I would pay for that... 3500 seems more reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
But have you seen how fast used boats are selling? Right now.
They are in high demand.
Yeah... just bought an aluminum boat a few months ago. Doesn't change the fact that's a 12yr old boat that can be bought for 6k new.

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
Yeah... just bought an aluminum boat a few months ago. Doesn't change the fact that's a 12yr old boat that can be bought for 6k new.

Oof those things got expensive! 9k for a new one... wow.

·
Registered
13,675 Posts
Oof those things got expensive! 9k for a new one... wow.
That's what I am talking about, when I first saw the post, I thought $3500 also. But then did some comparison, as I have recently paid attention to boat sales. This Virus thing has caused them to go up in price due to demand. Everyone wants one now, as they work for the social thing. I know many people that have never owned a boat, that do now, starting in April. Most used boats sell the same day. I have watched a few that lasted 4 days. That sold for this amount, that were not as nice.

Great time to sell a boat right now!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
That's insane. My advice, it's probably a good deal even at 4300.

If you're willing to drive, get on some of the Facebook duck boat/job boat/tiller groups and look at stuff in north Mississippi and Arkansas. There are deals to be had if you're willing to travel.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Painted trailer or galvanized? Has the boat been used in salt water? I have heard stories of corrosion between a carpeted bunk and aluminum boat. Plastic bunk covers should not be as much of a problem.

Painted trailers don’t last long at all even in brackish water. Even less time if it is a tube trailer as opposed to channel. They rust from the inside out.

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
Painted trailer or galvanized? Has the boat been used in salt water? I have heard stories of corrosion between a carpeted bunk and aluminum boat. Plastic bunk covers should not be as much of a problem.

Painted trailers don’t last long at all even in brackish water. Even less time if it is a tube trailer as opposed to channel. They rust from the inside out.
Yep. When I bought my boat it had a painted trailer. Sold it almost immediately and bought a new aluminum one.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I sold my Dad's old 1998 fiberglass boat, motor and trailer for $2800 a few weeks ago. It may not have been worth that much, but the demand is high right now. The same guy saw my old 1988 Tracker in the yard and offered me $4300 for it. I paid $2500 for it about 15 years ago. If I knew my motor was going to give me trouble the man would be the proud owner of it too.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
good boat is worth ^
$5,000 Boat condition / resale is based on how somebody takes care of it. Have seen alot good and a TON bad ie it ran last year last time I used it do not know why it wont start, typical

1 - 13 of 13 Posts