Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks like a good season so far. Keep the photos coming for use poor saps who just can't seem to get a shot.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Nice job, I got to eat my words this morning when I had 6 pt jump the string on me and put his head right in the path. I shot right through the back of his head and the arrow was sticking out exactly like the pic of the doe. Fortunately it broke off within a few feet and I found him about an hour later.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mpmorr (11/2/2008)Nice job, I got to eat my words this morning when I had 6 pt jump the string on me and put his head right in the path. I shot right through the back of his head and the arrow was sticking out exactly like the pic of the doe. Fortunately it broke off within a few feet and I found him about an hour later.
So you did find the buck. In your story you posted after this one "Really bad day" you said you gave up and went and looked for the doe after you heard a shot and hoped a kid shot the deer. Maybe I just read it wrong. Glad you did find him.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Midnight Rider (11/2/2008)
mpmorr (11/2/2008)Nice job, I got to eat my words this morning when I had 6 pt jump the string on me and put his head right in the path. I shot right through the back of his head and the arrow was sticking out exactly like the pic of the doe. Fortunately it broke off within a few feet and I found him about an hour later.
So you did find the buck. In your story you posted after this one "Really bad day" you said you gave up and went and looked for the doe after you heard a shot and hoped a kid shot the deer. Maybe I just read it wrong. Glad you did find him.
No I am assuming the shot was him, it was very close and on the exact line the deer was heading. I should have said that so as not to cast any doubt. Wishful thinking on my part, just hoping both of them did not go to waste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts