Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed for the past 3 weeks my truck would occasionally be hard to start. Sunday is was going down the road and the motor quit like I'd turned off the ignition. So, I coasted into a convienience store. She never would restart. Put the code reader on a zero. Half a tank of fuel. Air filter is fine and good preassure on the fuel filter primer. I have it at the dealer this morning and later I plan to get the wheelborrow out of the shed and go to the bank.

Anyone have this kind of a problem with their truck?

·
Super Moderator
28,310 Posts
Don't let the stealership touch it. Get it towed over to Big Daddys and let him do his thing. You will save a ton of money and get to meet a great forum member.

DING DING DING....winner winner chicken dinner!!!!:notworthy:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have an 07 and a few months back mine did the same thing-shutdown while drivin and I coasted into the local Chevy dealership-mine would prime up but wouldn't fire. Turned out to be a crack in the housing just above where you screw the filter in (result from changing the filter often on high mileage diesels). So even though I thought it was primed it still didn't have the right amount of pressure it needed...so I was told

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Call Big Daddy's deisel NOW!!!!!!!
Don't let the dealership touch it, they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to deisels. Most can't even explain how a deisel works. You may just have a bad lift pump.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cracked fuel filter housing. I'd never guessed that one. It might even explain the smell of diesel after I try to crank her up. I had the truck towed from the stealur$hit to someone highly recommended. Seems like there are always 5 cars ahead of me. So, I'm waiting for my turn on the barrel.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I hope you had it towed to Big Daddys. I've never had the need to use him (yet), but dang, he's one of those rare business' that you just don't hear anything bad about.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
I hope you had it towed to Big Daddys. I've never had the need to use him (yet), but dang, he's one of those rare business' that you just don't hear anything bad about.
I had him do a pre-purchase inspection on my Duramax and he was more than helpful. Stopped what he was doing to squeeze me in. He will be the only one that will work on my truck. Gotta get it over to him soon for a few upgrades and preventative maintenance stuff.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Big Daddy's all day! Brought it out to him to work on, took five minutes to tighten a clamp and gave me some great knowledge about my engine in the process!! Honest service and a wealth of information...avoid dealerships at all costs with diesel, as mentioned before they really don't know a thing about em...asked dealer to change my transmission fluid (6 speed G56) and they told me my transmission doesn't use transmission fluid (Hill Kelly Dodge, true story)...ha! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I don't have a diesel, but after reading this thread I wish I did, just so it could break and I could take it to Big Daddy's.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Daddy's was too far too tow my truck to. I have it at a place I use exclusively for any work done on that truck. The diagnosis was a crack in the housing that the fuel filter goes on. They also suggested putting in a fuel injector cleaner and strangely enough to replace the "corroded" fuel lines.. To pay for all that I needed a bigger wheelborrow.

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
Big Daddy's was too far too tow my truck to. I have it at a place I use exclusively for any work done on that truck. The diagnosis was a crack in the housing that the fuel filter goes on. They also suggested putting in a fuel injector cleaner and strangely enough to replace the "corroded" fuel lines.. To pay for all that I needed a bigger wheelborrow.
Yup. Mine was about $650. That was new housing, 2 new filters (one in housing and one by the pmd), and labor. I went to starr auto in navarre. Was closer and easier. Great service and truck is great now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Soon as my Benz goes out of warranty, Bid Daddy will be doing all the work. I've yet to hear a bad word about him on the forum. I know of the Magnuson Moss act but I do not want to give MB Any chance to deny me a warranty claim.

He did some on my 86 year old fathers tractor and I had to track him down to pay him for a service call. He did not want to charge Anything at all! It was only a loose bolt, but still a man should be paid for his time imo.

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Guy's don't forget. I have a service truck, and a diagnostic machine that goes with it, A service call is usually cheaper than a tow bill. In most cases u are fixed same day. Thank you guys for all the kind words, and as always I try to keep my rates the lowest around, without substitute for quality.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts