Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some Great weather and took my boat for the long 2 hour ride south out in the Gulf. We had a great day on the water. Caught our limit of Scamp Grouper and a variety of other fish Mingos, White Snapper, Amico Jack's, Mahi mahi, and a surprise Tilefish in less than 300' of water on a live bait. We ended the weekend with a small fish fry having caught so many groceries. Found the log offshore and it looks like someone may have hit. We had alot of fun and got our baits / fish sharked a few times so keep moving to another spot. I forgot to try for Triggers while we were out there. Anyone who read about the trolling motor post I put up a few weeks ago it was the 4th person out there I pulled up to a spot found good bottom and hit the lock button and dropped baits catch a fish and hit the jog button a few times to work the spot. It was nice to take people out and have me be able to fish in stead of drive all day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Had a few throw back AJ's and Endangered Red Snapper.
Forgot to mention got stopped by FWC around fort pickens. They were cool and pretty much just checked the fish boxes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Great catch! Is that painter's tape on your leads?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wondered how long that would take to see if anyone noticed the painter's tape lol. I ment business I wanted to get to the spot and fish as soon as possible, it rips right off and ready for the bait. My boat on the way out ran 33 mph I had to make up some time some how.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Awesome trip! Can't wait to get back out there. Painters tape trick is a good one. I usually leave the weights in the box until we fish but this gets you fishing quicker for sure. I have tied so many chicken rigs on conference calls this week, should be good for the season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts