Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Pensacola Beach late Friday afternoon. Conditions were less than ideal. Cold, windy, neap tide, no surf. I wasn't to keen on heading out but me and the lady had off and she wanted to use my sand flea rake to gather sea shells. I should call it her rake now since she discovered how many shells she can get with it. Anyway, anytime to fish is a good one so I loaded up two surf rods (lazy trip) and went to hopefully target some bulls and get first 2016 pomp. Well they didn't disappoint. First red was just over at 28" #2 kahle hook. 2nd fish 12" pomp #2 kahle. And the third bruiser was 36.5 red. What a fight this one put up. Couldn't get her head turned. This one was a number 2 circle, that got completely bent in half. So glad she made me go lol. Also got buzzed by a B24 and B17 bomber. So awesome.
Stopped at Joe Patties for some softshell and oysters afterwards, which made for one hell of a dinner. Gonna be a great year!

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took a minute, which actually made me nervous. Managed to pop out at just the right angle. It took a second but she swam off so gracefully. Such amazing creatures. My lady took a picture of me in the water with her, damn I was cold!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Congratulations , You did better than we did..... I could not give a shrimp away...

Sent through Tapatalk, even though they ruined it with "upgrades"...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts