Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my dad headed out to the I-10 bridge over escambia this morning to see what we could do. Pretty slow sheepshead bite today, but we were just glad to get out of the house. All of the sheep were pretty small, altho we did have some bigger ones break off. We were kicking ourselves in the for not heading to 3-mile or the pass today to look for them, but we still had fun. I think all of these in the pictures were keepers, but it was a catch and release day for us. Anyone have any luck aroudn Ft. Pickens or 3-Mile today?

Like i said pretty small...but it was fun anyway!

·
Registered
42 Posts
A friend of mine fished for them Thursday 2/21/08, No joy at Pickens Jetties (rock & steel) or the piers. He said they caught pin fish and grunts. I think it still a little early for the bite there but it should be in the next few weeks. I know a guy last year caught a Cobia on a shrimp while fishing for Sheeps. It caught it at one on the markers.

Thanks for the Escambia report thought. Now that Archie is not as crowded with Bridge Worker vehicles, I might try I-10 next week.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Took Pop's Crab Trap, our neglected12'john boat out to 3 Mi. Bridge.

Ya sure don't need a big boat to catch Reds there.

Good to see Josie Wales back in town,enjoying the day with kids at the Trestle.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
todd in the bay (2/24/2008)Took Pop's Crab Trap, our neglected12'john boat out to 3 Mi. Bridge.

Ya sure don't need a big boat to catch Reds there.

Good to see Josie Wales back in town,enjoying the day with kids at the Trestle.

Hey Todd - love your pics and reports, but I sure would like them a lot more if you started your own thread. It just seems like every time someone posts their own report, you come in on it with pics and reports of your own. Not dogging on you or anything, but hey, post your reports in a new thread...get more love that way!!

Hall

·
Registered
848 Posts
sorry Wharfrat, and others, I just thought a reply to thethreadwould be better withtoday's relative pic. My bad.

I'll post one when I have something significant to tell.

sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts