Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out several times the past week or so, in an attempt to get points on the board for Bloody Waters. Unfortunately, nothing worthy of points yet. Just dink specks, 12-16inchers out of some of the bayous. Figured I'd post up a few pics since it's been a bit since I've made a report. Most of the fish have been caught with jig/plastic combos. The 16incher ate a 5inch topwater.

16incher that ate a topwater almost 1/3rd its size.

12inch dink

Another 12incher that ate a 5inch plastic

More dinkers

And another

Sunset shot. If ya'll can recognize the background, you can have it. I've only caught little guys back there...

I looked a bit windswept after drifting a point-to-point from Shoreline Park across the Sound to the Jet Ski rental area near Quiet Water Beach behind the beach. This was the afternoon of the 'yaker get together at hooters. Of course, I didn't catch squat for all my troubles, dealing with 20-25mph and 2-3footers in the Sound.

Better than being stuck inside though...

Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Alex the fishing really sucks right now, yes a few reds and trout here and there, but for the most part it sucks. I just decided to take a break, never thought I would say that, but the wind and rain just makes things rough. Thinking of loading up and heading south for a weekend. Maybe I can score a Snook or Tarpon, or even a Legal trout.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I feel your pain, but as they say, "no pain, no gain". I've been out quite a few times with only one red to show for it. But, it's better than sitting inside wondering if the fish are biting. See ya out there.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad it's not just me. Hoping once the weather stops being all over the place and gets back into a rhythm, we'll start killin' em again.

Alex

·
Registered
150 Posts
oh yeah im loving the nestle chocolate milk EVERYWHERE. I finish up class at USA and keep the yak on the car in case...Been going about every other day thinking ok maybe itll be good today and then what? 3 ft wavestossing me like rag doll and nothing but tiny specks and a red that i could eat in one whole bite. Trolling the beach also looks fun only if you could only find a spot where maybe the waves go from tidal wave to olympic surf so not to be near as likely to drown in all that fun-ness!!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ApexYakin (2/12/2010)oh yeah im loving the nestle chocolate milk EVERYWHERE. I finish up class at USA and keep the yak on the car in case...Been going about every other day thinking ok maybe itll be good today and then what? 3 ft wavestossing me like rag doll and nothing but tiny specks and a red that i could eat in one whole bite. Trolling the beach also looks fun only if you could only find a spot where maybe the waves go from tidal wave to olympic surf so not to be near as likely to drown in all that fun-ness!!!

Man, somebody sounds bitter!!! I'm almost looking forward to next week, when its supposed to "warm" back up to the hi 50s, lo 60s...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
we've had a tough time over here in Panama as well. Lots of wind and muddy water. Lots of smaller trout and Ernie caught a 19" red the other day, we've been seeing lots of tailers, geting them to eat is another story. I'm gonna have to start bottom fishing... Brad from sunjammers is installing a bottom machine on his yak this week, so hopefully we can get out there and score some points.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TEAMR&R (2/14/2010)weres this at alex

I thought about being a smart a#% and only writing back "In Pensacola." But I decided that wouldn't be very neighborly. I've been fishing a bunch of the bayous in the P'cola Bay system lately. I won't give you a specific bayou name, but all of them have been acting the same lately. Pull out a chart, pick one, and go,

Good luck. Let us know how you do,

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts