Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: (Almost) All sheepshead were harmed in the making of this thread.

Ollie and I ended up keeping 8 fish total, 1 black drum and 7 sheepies. Actually we released as many as we kept. Let a bunch of small legal fish go to get big enough for points on KW in a few weeks.

I got my personal best sheepshead at 22inches. Don't know the weight on it yet, will get that later today before we chop him up.

Ollie's Black drum.

Same drum as above, on the lawstick

My drum, I tossed another overboard without even a picture that was barely 14", thinking they had to be 15" for 'Yak Wars. Ollie gave me hell for it the rest of the day.

My personal best sheepie, 22"

One of the 12-14inchers tossed back to grow up enough for KW points

This one was points for me but was fortunate enough to go back overboard.

Same for this lucky guy

Bag 'O Death

22incher on the lawstick

One of Ollie's, this one didn't make it back in the water

Another that didn't make it

And another

Another other...

Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Awesome work guys. Looks like sheepy for dinner. Have you guys been fishing in Pensacola? :usaflag

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weight on the 22incher was 5lbs 2oz. Nowhere near a record, but good enough for me... At least till next time...

Sorry if anyone's been having trouble viewing the pics. I just made a change that should hopefully have fixed them.

Alex

P.S. John, all I'm allowed to say is P'cola-ish... Though they're all over any structure deeper than about 10ft right now. Find any rockpile and hit it. Just bring lots of shrimp and even more patience. We got robbed blind more times than I can count.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I would reccomend editing your pics if your trying to keep your spot a secret. I recognized it at first glance and its really not that secret anyway

·
Registered
548 Posts
Freespool (2/15/2010)I would reccomend editing your pics if your trying to keep your spot a secret. I recognized it at first glance and its really not that secret anyway

Thanks for not blurting it out on accident . It's not really a secret spot, but definitely a point producer. I will post on thursday, pic's of fish on yak, no background . 110 points today in a couple hours.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured since these are sheepies, people that have the patience to catch em know where to go anyway. And people who don't know how to catch sheepies (ex: me until a couple weeks ago), aren't going to be able to catch many of them anywhere. I'm thinking those blasted little bait-thieves can take care of themselves.

Besides that, we talked to about a dozen boats coming back from the pass and they're getting plenty of em out there too.

Alex

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Yaksquatch (2/15/2010)Weight on the 22incher was 5lbs 2oz. Nowhere near a record, but good enough for me... At least till next time...

Sorry if anyone's been having trouble viewing the pics. I just made a change that should hopefully have fixed them.

Alex

P.S. John, all I'm allowed to say is P'cola-ish... Though they're all over any structure deeper than about 10ft right now. Find any rockpile and hit it. Just bring lots of shrimp and even more patience. We got robbed blind more times than I can count.
Thanks, I need to wander outside of the Pace/Milton area and do some fishing around Pensacola and hopefully catch more than a couple fish at an outing. :usaflag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts