Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in forever, I got up before 1 o'clock on a Friday. Absolutely insane if you ask anyone that knows me. But it was worth waking up CRAZY early (11:30) because it was from a phone call from Josh asking me to hit the water. So a little after 1, Josh, Johnny & I headed out to search for some specks. We braved the cold & the wind for most of the afternoon, until the wind eventually died down, which unfortunately killed the bite as well. Water was muddy & in the high 50s at most of the areas we fished & jerkbaits were the ticket, once again. I'm now a big believer in the Bomber Lures Josh has been throwing lately! Got to enjoy a beautiful sunset on the water after slaying some fish with my friends, then went home & made cajun fried speck sandwiches - can't beat that for a good day!

Tally for the day:

Me: Two undersized specks & a fat 18'' one (new personal record, go ahead & laugh)
Josh: a 15'' speck & 6 undersized ones
Johnny: Two 15'' specks & 3 undersized ones

Tight lines everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
As cool as those pics are, I have to admit that Guinness Blonde is quickly becoming one of my favorite beers.

Catching fish under a sky like that one is a memory that stays with you for years to come.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As cool as those pics are, I have to admit that Guinness Blonde is quickly becoming one of my favorite beers.

Catching fish under a sky like that one is a memory that stays with you for years to come.
Dude, same here. :thumbup: If only it wasn't crazy expensive!

& yup, probably never gonna forget that one. Had some pretty amazing memories on the Mako over the course of this past few months!

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't know Guiness was brewing a blonde now. Is it like a Leffe blonde?
Wish I could tell ya man, but I've never tried Leffe. What I will say is that Guinness Blonde is definitely one of my new favorites though, that stuff is awesome.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bomber lures are NOT my favorite but this Red was caught on a 6" Bomber.
Beautiful fish right there. Bomber definitely makes some quality lures at better prices than their bigger-name competitors. In my opinion, their Badonkadonk topwater lures in the 1 oz. size are second to none for topwater bull red fishing!

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Yeah, I doubt I'll be catching fish with a sunset like that one behind me any time soon! It really was amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts