Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the causeway in mobile sunday. Me and WL were sitting at the boat launch waiting for the rain to stop. When it did we launched. We went to our secret honey hole and pretty much caught a trout every throw. 85% were under sized.

I was really surprised that we caught anything because the water was muddy as could be. The tide was exceptionally high and visability was about zero. But they hit a gold sparkle D.O.A. pretty much everytime it hit the water.

Side note...when I got in fom fishing my wife had the tv on.. Keeping up with the Kardashian's. There was a teenaged girl on there who hasa rare form of cancer. She was in a wheelchair because walking for more than a few minutes would make her extremely tired. She was a very sweet girl and a hard fighter against a very cruel and indiscriminate disease. It really hit me at that point how lucky I am to have been granted the abilities and privileges that God has afforded me. There are alot of people posting fishing tales and reports on this forum. I hope each recognizes what a gift it is to be able to do the things we do.

·
Premium Member
9,823 Posts
good mess of fish. congratulations. and your right we are blessed. it's easy to forget this sometimes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great job braving the weather and the wind! I passed back through there around nooncoming home from a bad duck hunt and it looked awful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That had to be a lot of fun, despite the weather. Ill take over work any day.

We are fortunate to be able to do what we do. Not a day go's by I don't thank the man above for it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm going that way this weekend. Were you guys north or south of I-10. I haven't been in a few months, just curious.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't understand what you're talking about. I must be missing it. Inside joke I guess>>??

are people posting other things lately?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gulfcity (1/26/2010)I'm going that way this weekend. Were you guys north or south of I-10. I haven't been in a few months, just curious.
We went N andE a bit.Ther is a deep spot off the channel. theytend to stack in there sometimes when there is alot of fresh water.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the info. Good area to fish for different species and seasons. I think we're going to target some sheep head this weekend. Nice mess of specs, good to hear a report from that area.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only caught one fish--though it was the biggest one-- casting to the bank. All others were in 12-14 foot. Basically slow bumping on bottom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts