Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to the 3mile last night for a few more late summer nights before school starts again! It was bloody hot seemed to have no wind most of the night!:hotsun The boys were catching ladys and white trout. We started keeping them for bait, then around 10:30 decided to head back to the Bayou for the night since it was getting late. On the way back we anchored for a few just to try and get rid of some of our bait and to let the shrimpin boat move out of the channel. Hoping for something big! Well I had some white trout on my feather weight pole and all of a sudden WOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHH it was going crazy! I started cussing thinking I was about to get spooled again in one month, but I manged to pull up a shark! He was a about 8lbs! I was just so dang proud to catch bubba jr on my feather pole! Then about 20 minutes later my husbands pole was screaming! 20 minutes later swimming around the boat was a 4ft shark! :bowdown Of course we were laughing and thinking how the hell do we get that on the boat! After our sons 5 and 6 stop crying because they think this thing is going to eat the boat (thanks to the movie jaws my hubby thought was a great idea to let them watch last week) my husband, gets the gaff jabs, throws Bubba on the bow and runs to the back! We we made it home with our first sharks and had an awesome night! :)

He weighed 25lbs!

sorry for the pic of my bent over I was way to scared to keep that bad boy up, he was thrashing!:nonono

1 - 2 of 2 Posts