Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, I've never considered myself a teriffic bow-hunter and I just bought a new bow this week (PSE Diablo) and sigted it in the past couple days. I have shot 3 or 4 deer w/ a bow, and never recovered any!:boo We'll, I was telling a buddy of mine this so he told me to come out to his place where he has had several does coming out. I got in the tree but was using his self climber and it kept creaking so about an hour before dark I stood up with my back to the tree...This was not too comfortable since I was recovering from knee surgery. As it grew darker, I figured another day w/ no deer to be seen when all of a sudden I noticed movement to my left. It was a big nanny, so I drew back on her and she stopped behind a limb. I held it fer about 45 seconds when a crashing noise came from behind me which scared her:banghead I really said that was it and was about to wrap in up when another nanny not so big came out. I still had enough light so I drew back on her and she gave me a perfect 17 yard shot so I took it. She ran into a thicket and when I found my arrow it was dripping wet w/ blood. I got on my cart went back to my buddies house and got him to start the track...It was about 30 minute wait (not enough). Had a great blood trail fer about 100 yards and she made a big loop fer about another 100 and we found her:clap Well, we did so many turns and we were in some thick stuff!!! We finally found a dim road and followed it to a cotton field and long story short hiked a while to get a ride....Got my deer recovery and brought her home. Nothing big, but meat in the freezer and 1st official bow kill w/ a new bow to break it in right!:clap:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats Jason...looks like some tender venison there..That Summit climber you have is similiar to mine. Nice looking bow as well.It looks fast with that big cam ,

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,546 Posts
I hear ya J-man! Nice job. That one should be tender!

I like the bow hanger. I need to check it out. I've got to come up with something like that on my cart.

Good Job!
Rob

·
Registered
802 Posts
Congrats I need to get out with my bow, but it's so much easier with the 0DT 6.:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Way to go man, I am going to give it one more try this Friday before Gun opens on Sat. I hope to post a good report as well. Congrats on that one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts