Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got off work at 0430 and came home to wake up my 9 year old, Logan:sleeping. We headed to the "honey hole" that I have been seeing 5-10 deer per day:letsdrink We got in the blind and it wasn't long till Logan was:sleeping. I was anxious fer him to get another notch added to his belt so I kept an eye out each window with anticipation. 0830 rolled around and although there were several shots around us we never saw a deer. We had 1 blow close by but never saw anything.:bangheadWe then walked around and went home. I walked a few spots near the house where I have been seeing deer but once again no deer.:banghead Went to bed to wake up to a downpour!!!:reallycrying I figured my evening was gone but when it slacked to a drizzle,I headed out again. Got in the blind just as it started to pour again:doh. Then a guy in a boat named NOAH came by and wanted to know if I needed a ride:letsdrink The rain died out and quit between 1630-1645. There were shots everywhere around me and I could not believe by 1645 I saw no deer!!!:bangheadThen I saw movement across the pasture and had 6 come out on me:letsdrink:letsparty:doh I leveled off at the biggest 1 and wham she was down!:clap the others didn't know where to go and ran around in circles so I racked 1 and leveled off at another 1. Itried a head shot but came up shy, soI racked another 1 in the chamber. By this time the humidity was 110 %, so the smoke from my 2 shots laid in my sights and I could not see any more of the deer:banghead I decided since it was getting dark, I just finished grabbing up my gear and go find my deer. She dropped in her tracks and was fat as a cow. Put her on the scale and she was 106lbs.I thought she was bigger and in the pic she looks a lot bigger (scale broken???)... She had a sack full of pee so I saved 6 bucks and canned it up:letsdrink... I hope ya'll had a good day and better tomorrow!!!!:letsparty:letsdrink::letsparty

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Did better than us - we sat morning and evening and never saw a deer. Only heard about two or three shots around all day.

Oh well, today's gonna be our day....

Ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice doe i got back sat nite from my land in alabama jumped two does but couldnt get a shot the rain and fog made for a bad trip but it was still better then sittin at the house

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Dang!:bowdown I hunted hard all week-end, and your's is the first deer that I've seen. :banghead:banghead That's Ok, just makes me more detemined.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I passed on Saturday and let a friends nephew have my stand that afternoon. He shot at and missed one so I went after it Sunday afternoon. I seen 5 run across my roadway about 200 yards up but never got a chance at them. Had a small buck with about a 1 inch spike feed around for about 15 minutes with a doe behind it. Waited on the doe but she never came out for a clean shot. Oh well there is Monday! Jumped 2 off my plot on the way in. Later in the afternoon the same spike is out again eating my corn for 45 minutes. One doe about 250 yards walking to me but disappeared for the evening. Let the spike walk again in the hopes he'll put a little more horn on next year and called it a day. I'll be back after them Thursday and Friday evening to see if I can get a little meat in the freezer. By the way that little spike is going to be living awfully dangerous if I haven't put a doe in the cooler by Friday evening. Hopefully I can continue with some restraint and let him pass again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts