Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finished the dog season in fine fashion. We were able to kill some really nice bucks during the last week of the season and I have been getting calls from people wanting to see the big one. Preston ended up killing the big one for the season, a 10pt that scored 144 3/8", Rusty killed a really nice 8pt on the next to last day that tipped just over 123"( I will post this picture later, I don't have it on this stick). We ended up killing 28 deer (24 bucks), 16-7pt or better,tenof them scored over 100". many of them pushed the limit on the 200lb scale. Congrats goes out to Mr. Sauls (23" inside spread 7pt), Turbo (20 1/2" inside spread 8 pt), Karen (113" 10 pt ), 13 year oldTJ (his first 8pt), TJ's happy daddy-Curt 102"-8pt(His biggest to date), Wes 103"-8pt, Leron, andRusty. We also bagged 2 pigs on the last day, congrats to Ryan and Preston. That was the best eating pig that I have ever smoked. What a week and a season, here are some of the pics.

Rusty's 123" 8pt picture has now been added at the bottom

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
we knew we had good deer but i'm shocked that porky showed up.now if only the rabbit and turkey hunting will be that good.................tony

·
Registered
109 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (1/22/2010)BTW i want the guy that measured that 10pt to measure all my deer:poke
Ditto! I don't see anything that resembles a 144" rack, but thats a fine mess of bucks none-the-less...especially for doggin.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These deer were taken near Flomaton Al. The 10pt truely scored over 140"'s, the picture does not do this deer justice

·
Registered
9 Posts
man those pics make me miss the old dog hunting days,back when all the paper mill property was still open and folks weren't so down on it. When it's done right there ain't nothing like it. Good job fellas, especially getting the kids involved. Thats what it's all about right there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts