Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This the first buck that I've ever killed with a bow, and it was worth the wait! I've killed several good bucks with a rifle, but I had never had the opportunity to shoot a good buck with my bow.I was hunting near Union Springs, Alabama with my Dad and my brother and my nephew, the picture is of my nephew holding the deer! I shot him lateyesterday afternoon and couldn't find a blood trail and I was sick thinking that he might have gotten away, but we went back looking for him this morning and found him piled up about 100 yards from my stand. I was definitely relieved and excited to find him,my brother and Iwere high-fiving and back-slapping like a couple of crazy people when we found him.

·
Registered
99 Posts
where did your arrowend up hittin??, i lost a six point last week with no blood, the arrow broke off about maybe 4in in i think it stuck straight in his shoulder blade(any suggestion what might have happened). Any ways great deer! and congrats!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was standing broadside and quartering away from me just a little, and I hit him about the middle of his ribcage. The arrow angled into his off-shoulder and it must have hit one of thebig bones because itdidn't go all the way through. I thought that I had hit him further forward towards his shoulder and just wounded him, but I made a better shot than I had originallythought.We did find blood yesterday morning when we went back to look for him, Ididn't have a goodenough flashlight to see it Saturdayafter I shot him.

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
Very very nice.....great job, CONGRATS!:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice buck Forrest:bowdown I would be proud of that one with a gun; especially great achievement for bow. I'll look forward to some jerky. :)-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts