Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to pick this motor up , but need to know if its made for saltwater like the oceanpro. Its always been in freshwater. If its not made for salt water is flushing it out after each run going to be good enough to keep it from running properly? Thanks

· Registered
2,111 Posts
Quote from Yamaha Rep at a class I attended back in 96 " The biggest difference between the regular motors and the Saltwater series, is the decals on the cowling". This may have changed a little since then, but I doubt it. I'm sure the same goes for Mercury and OMC/BRP.

And yes flushing ASAPfor a minimum of 15 after each trip will keep it clean. Some of my customers like using Salt Away occasionally too.

· Registered
2,097 Posts
sosmarine (3/15/2010)Quote from Yamaha Rep at a class I attended back in 96 " The biggest difference between the regular motors and the Saltwater series, is the decals on the cowling". This may have changed a little since then, but I doubt it. I'm sure the same goes for Mercury and OMC/BRP.

And yes flushing ASAPfor a minimum of 15 after each trip will keep it clean. Some of my customers like using Salt Away occasionally too.
+1

Its all marketing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.