Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J50TLERE model.

I had need to separate the lower engine cowl slightly to access a the shift rod pin on my engine to do a water pump change. At the aft end of the lower cowl where it joins with the midsection (exhaust housing?) there is a rectangular rubber part that fits into and is held in place on it's bottom half by the midsection and on it's top half by the lower engine cowl. Unfortunately this part tore slightly. There are two rectangular openings on the exterior that are open to the atmosphere. I have no idea what the part is unless it is a vent for the exhaust housing intended to aid in cooling. I can not find it on the evinrude parts list http://shop2.evinrude.com/Index.aspx?s1=odm957r9genjnivmbmsmda15e4&catalog_id=0&siteid=1 anywhere I have looked.

Does anyone have a name and or part number for this part and knowledge of it's function?

Also, it is currently securely in place as it's torn only on one side. Is it any problem to operate the engine in that state until I can get the part and replace it?

Does anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flounder Hounder you hit it. That's the part. Now if I can just find one since they're no longer available as new. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kenny what do you think about running the engine with a crack in the grommet until I can find a replacement?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts