Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im selling my classic K5 blazer. It has the same 6.2l diesel that was in the original H1 hummer. I have added a separate tank and filter system to run it on filtered and de-watered used veggie oil. You can switch between Diesel and WVO.

here is the NADA value. Im asking $4k because of the veggie oil conversion. Its free fuel!

What might you have to trade? Im looking for a duck boat or old jeep cj 5 7 or 8

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1983/Chevrolet/Blazer/K10-K5-Utility/Values

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I built it myself adapting another design. It utilizes 2 two-way heat exchangers to warm the oil/fuel with the coolant system. two filters: one goldenrod water separator and one goldenrod diesel filter. A 3 was electronic solenoid that defaults to diesel to switch between the two. Also there is an inline thermostat that switches the system to oil when it reaches proper temp.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That 6.2 is a tuff motor. I have a 7.3 non-turbo and love it. They are true basic diesels. Not a lot of power but will run forever. What kind of fuel milage are you getting? What tranny is in it?

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
I had an 84 w/ 6.2....bullet proof!!!! I thought the 83 model was the 350 diesel conversion???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts