Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine (Cliff) bought this monster Cat dozer several years ago to clear some property, got it done and it has sat. Health has forced him to find it a new home. It is appx 36,000 lbs, cable operated blade and winch. It has a pony engine. It has not been cranked in 3 years. Wasn't sure of a price, so its OBO. I don't know much about it besides being a beast so you can contact Cliff at 8five0-6eight6-416four. If no answer, leave a message. Thanks for looking.

20210323_103512.jpg
20210323_103538.jpg
20210323_103545.jpg
20210323_103557.jpg
20210323_103649.jpg
20210323_103706.jpg
20210323_103739.jpg

Attachments

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,791 Posts
My Dad use to have some D9's and D7's and I would sit next to him as he moved dirt around when I was little. Can't stop them. I would watch him hand crank the starter motor (gas) and then when it warmed up he would pull the leaver and I would hear the chu chu chu chu ruuummm of the big diesel. The bad news was if you didn't let up on the spring loaded starter motor handle is would come back around and break your arm of throw you over the top. That seemed like a life time ago.

GLWS.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,215 Posts
Contact Sherry Barton in DeFuniak Springs. He has lots of older dozers, a way to haul, etc. Don't have his number, his business is on hwy 90.

·
Super Moderator
29,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buddy was telling me about the pony motor about it starting the diesel motor....never will understand needing a motor to start another motor.....hahaha Its definitely not something you can just load up and go with. Someone who really knows heavy machinery or has one like it would be the main customer...hahaah

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Sidebar topic, but if you have not seen this guys channel, check it out. He finds old equipment like this and get them running. It's jaw dropping what he accomplishes with equipment that is essentially scrap. Easy to get sucked into this channel.
This is the one that got me watching.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,791 Posts
My buddy was telling me about the pony motor about it starting the ....never will understand needing a motor to start another motor.....hahaha Its definitely not something you can just load up and go with. Someone who really knows heavy machinery or has one like it would be the main customer...hahaah

Even the old badger drag line my Dad turned into a crane had a small pony motor (gas) that would start the diesel motor for the break crane. I ran the hell out of that crane putting in pilings and it was from the 1950's, I loved that crane.

·
Super Moderator
29,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a few folks going to check it out...not sure ifin they are from craigslist/facebook/here. Really enjoy how many folks on FB message me (actually the wife) constantly about it. I tell then to READ THE AD!!!!!!!!!! Of course its my lowest $$$, and other ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts