Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start back doing a little fresh water fishing in between my trips to the Gulf. I needed a good little river boat and I found this little jewel.
With some elbow work,painting,patching,wiring, she sure looks different. I had a 8hp Nissan which is a little small but gets you where your going. Also painted the trailer, new bearings and grease,new lights above the water,mounted on the guide ons. All in all not bad for a $ 200 boat and trailer and a $ 350 motor. I've had it in the water twice,no leaks and pretty stable.

I found that the textured stone spray paint at Lowes does a wonderful job covering up imperfections.Just have to seal it with a clear sealant
I love tinkering with boats about as much as I love to fish! Also a good hobby. Tony

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
That sure looks like a different boat!!! nice job...:clap

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,177 Posts
I always enjoy seeing an old boat retrieved from the "junkpile" and given new life. Nice job. :bowdown

It will do good as a $1000 boat.

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well Done :clap

I've got a 10' Alum V bottom, I need to do the same thing to for fishing in state lakes. (Bear, Stone, ect...)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Spent all last week at the Pensacola Ship Yard welding 30 feet in the air. Had a great view of the road going to the scrap yard. I counted no less than 4 different aluminum boats that didn't look as bad as yours when you started. I wanted to go look but never found the time.:banghead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts