Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

How do you carry? your 1911

• Cocked and locked.

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Loaded chamber, but hammer half cocked.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don't carry a round in the chamber.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I don't carry a 1911, because I'm gay.

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
11,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See a lot of folks scared of 1911's that are cocked and locked. I don't get it, but it seems like there are a bunch out there. Just curious what the numbers are here on our little forum.

·
Praedator
10,048 Posts
Some people just don't understand the function of the single action of the 1911 first shot.

People that I have shared that I'm carrying a 1911 always look scared that the hammer is cocked. But after explaining the operation, they lose their fear.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I carry my P12 ParaOrdnance cocked and locked. The 1911s and clones were designed for that, hence the double safety system on them.

·
Praedator
10,048 Posts
Who the hell conceal carries a weapon without a round in the chamber? Retarded.
Lot's of folks do! But just like I wish they wouldn't tell me what to do or how to carry, I don't try to tell them either. I let them know why I carry the way I do. If they don't feel comfortable doing so, then that's their prerogative.

I've tried to convince a family member that they need to get over their fear of their weapon killing them with a round in the chamber. But alas, no movement on that front.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't carry at all. If I did, it would be option 1. I do have a beautiful kimber I impulse bought over a year ago I haven't taken out of the plastic yet. Too pretty to get dirty. Hmmm. that sounds pretty gay.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,026 Posts
Condition 1, always... and carry a glock as back up for when the 1911 fails...

http://youtu.be/WP4k4tOsZD8

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thought this would wait till the 2nd page!

Not a matter of if it'll happen but when.

Bring on the haters saying "I've shot 1000s of rounds thru my 1911 and it's never had a FTE".

And FWIW, I love 1911s.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts