Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to these two women in Plymouth, Mass., they were out taking some photos of Seals when a Great White came right up under their excursion type kayak and knocked them into the water. The Shark then came back and bit into the Yak and the two women said the Shark was 4 ft. out of the water. Nobody else saw it but people heard the screams and the Harbor Master and others came to their assistance. Marks on and through the hull lead experts to believe it was a 16 ft. Great White.

I was up there last summer, in Cape Cod, and the seals were right up on the beach. Really not a need to get out there in a kayak because you could get close up shots from the beach. Looking at these seals, I got the distinct impression that they were hugging the beach to stay away from the sharks and maybe if one had come up, they would have tried to get on the beach. Once you get around the corner of Cape Cod at Chatham, the water gets cold and seals are abundant.

Always think that this is a possibility with Makos here in the springtime. You see some monsters during Cobia season.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who knew that women screaming could be used to repel sharks.

Let's see, white kayak hull......white seal belly.

Few years back they had a sat tagged Great White swimming in the upper Gulf. Tourist agencies kept it on the down low but a guy I know on the rigs said he saw a monster out there one night. People say they only go where it is cold but, it's cold down deep in the Gulf....well, not even THAT deep.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yak in a area where great white hunts for seals. I have a hard time sympathizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great whites are not exclusive to cold waters. They are also found in the warm waters of the Great Barrier Reef off Australia, as well as the warm summertime waters of Guadalupe Island off Baja. doesn't matter where you are, they are out there!

·
Chef Al
112 Posts
Duh!

Yakking out there like that's like running around in the woods in November wearing a hat with antlers on it. We even keep rattling horns in a backpack until in a blind or set up and not on the move. :whistling:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts