Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 pounds of grass with one cast! Went to Navarre for the 1st time. I gave up quickly as I realized the rods on the beach but no lines in the water.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's awful, I know it is lighter in Destin from reports. I would be shocked if it was gone tomorrow. Last week it was manageable, this week it's a birthing place for swamp thing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
15 pounds of grass with one cast! Went to Navarre for the 1st time. I gave up quickly as I realized the rods on the beach but no lines in the water.
Destin was good on Thursday and Friday morning by the end of the day which that incoming storm got pretty bad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
sbrettphill, that happened to my brother and I recently. He loves to fish, but for some reason the ONLY fish he can catch is catfish, I kid you not Anyway I made one cast and said I was done. Normally he would have kept fishing while he continued but he thru up is hands and said he was done as well.
Took 40 minutes to get the slime off the gear and makes sure the line was clear of that mess.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you there! My wife at a distance thought I had a shark.... Shark would die fighting the weight of that scum on my line. 1 man with bent rod (10' surf rod) 1 man handlining with a towel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts