Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your views on the two. I had a spool filled with 15# Back Country earlier this year and was told that it was better for long distance casting vs. the Pink 20#. I have used the Pink 20# for years and it has always worked great. Just curious to get opinions on which one you guys would use. Every year I would buy a 1# spool of the 20# Pink Ande and clean, reline all my reels. The one thing I did learn, is that it seems to cast better if I let the machine fill the spool instead of me in the living room with the ole' pencil routine.

Thanks for any input guys!

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rather than use a pencil, if you are putting new line on a spinning reel. Lay the spool of new line down flat with the label facing up and then wind it up on the reel. This causes the twist in the line to lay right in the reel and it will cast an roll up better without twisting.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Shiznik (26/04/2010)What are your views on the two. I had a spool filled with 15# Back Country earlier this year and was told that it was better for long distance casting vs. the Pink 20#. I have used the Pink 20# for years and it has always worked great. Just curious to get opinions on which one you guys would use. Every year I would buy a 1# spool of the 20# Pink Ande and clean, reline all my reels. The one thing I did learn, is that it seems to cast better if I let the machine fill the spool instead of me in the living room with the ole' pencil routine.

Thanks for any input guys!

Chris
Back Country is a little softer and has less memory. It will beyond a shadow of a doubt cast farther the Ande Pink. If you get the line on the reel as it comes off the spool there shouldn't be any difference. I personally like Back Country for wade fishing and casting.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
With most brands of line, label up or down don't matter like it did in the ol' days...
The thing to remember is the loops need to go on the same direction the reel revolves... The way to make sure it is oriented correctly is to spin 20 revs of line on the spool, open the bail and draw off an arms length and, with both hands holding it, bring it together... if it spins up at all, lay it down, flip the roll of line and continue to fill 'er up.

Brent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts