Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is physically wrong with this motor but it is a little slow getting up on plane. It is on a 2003 Sea Pro 21 foot gulf model. I have a 4 blade stainlessprop with 17 inch pitch. Is there perhaps a better prop for this or maybe different pitch?

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What is your max rpm's trimmed up wide open throttle? Has it always done this with this prop? have you changed props? Did you check with the mfg to see what is supposed to be on there? If you need to do something with the prop, I highly recommend Accuprop.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The prop that was on the boat when i bought it was an aluminum prop with approximately 19 inch pitch but all the cup was gone. I bought this four blade bc i was told that it would help the boat to plane out but now i am having second thoughts. I have not checked with the manufacturer. Perhaps that may be the best route. Max RPM is about 6200.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Your right at the high end with that prop on the RPM range.

I have a Suzuki 3 X 14in X 18 stainless that is repitched to 18.5 that you can try.

I ran these at first....then raised the motors and went to 3 X 14 X 20's.

I like running the Suzuki props. No one makes the diameter big enough in the aftermarket to take advantage of the low gear ratio that Suzzy's have.

They want to put a 13 1/2dia prop on them. :(

The low gear ratio allows for a larger prop and better holeshot.

BUT.....Suzuki is nortorius about having their props 1 to 1 1/2in of pitch less than what is stamped on them.

All 4 of my props were off and they were NIB.

I'm not the only one that has seen this.

All of mine have been to the prop shop for checking and rework.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts