Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Holy stinkin fish batman! Heck of an AJ on any setup, much less 25lb test. The more I look at those pics, I am surprised it didn't weight more. That thing isTHICK. Wow. Congrats to all.

:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">CONGRATULATIONS!! That must have been work getting that beast on board. Awesome to say the least.:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thats a He&& of aNice AJ and On That Test Line Is Well We all Know!!!:bowdown:bowdown But What I want to Know Is Can You Still Walk UPRight!!!!!!:poke

·
Registered
88 Posts
Holy cow!!!! Congrats to you all. Thats a monster! :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown. My back and arms went numb just seeing the pics!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Damn what a stud! I hope its a line class for you :bowdown

·
Registered
237 Posts
good work guys keep it up and yall will be like Team Airborne settin records all over the gulf coast :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
eating tasty
3,668 Posts
Rag-Tag (4/1/2010)how deep was the water and roughly what was the relief of the structure, assuming it was caught on or near some sort of structure?

Any word on stomach contents? I would LOVE to know!! Hopefully it didnt "purge" during the most likely lengthly fight. Just think about what it must have looked like when circling about 20-30' down esp if the water was pretty clear. Probably looked like a damn Volkswagon in a cul-de-sac. I have about half a dozen "friends" right off the top of my head that I would have given ANYTHING to watch battle that beast esp if they could have hung it on my 6/0 or 15LD with 100# no-stretch or even my International 30 with 80# Ande so they could really let the veins in their shaved, spray tanned arms pop out! I love nothing more than taking "dumb muscle" out there and hooking them into even a legal AJ in 200' much less this thing!

Congrats or I'm sorry bro whichever fits you best!
Thanks for the kind replies everyone, the water was a little over 200 ft. and there was 100 ft. of relief on the structure he came off of. No word on stomach contents yet, he is in the freezer in whole condition at Outcast, I am sure they won't mind if you came by and took a look at him and bought a few things :) I am curious to know what is inside him as well, no telling how many fish's lives were saved by taking him out of the food chain.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. It's definitely the fish of a lifetime and I'm frickin stoked. But of course, I owe most of it to the Captain and to Jake for trading rods with me for a few minutes. I'll never forget that thing when it finally broke the surface, it was incredible. I just thought I had a decent one foul hooked or something, I didn't expect that beast. And I don't care how much finesse and care it took to get him in with that light line, it still whooped the tar out of me.

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
I just tuned in. Must say that is a nice Jack. On 25lb test and a Penn spinning reel it was a Herculean feat. In the days of tournament spearfishing, we saw a few that big. Noone with balls ever got close enough to chance a shot though. Now, if we can get permission from "Kim", maybe I could come down there and start a fire. It will take a bit more than just a 25lb bag of charcoalto cook that SOB! Great Job.

Capt. Jim Stone

www.aquaventurecharters.com

·
Registered
170 Posts
THIS IS FAKE OBVIOUSLY!!! I photoshopped my head onto the guys body. Ha I wish man..... Congrats to the guys who really did catch it, and on 25lb test at that. That's awesome. How long did you fight it for before you got it in the boat? Also when did the thing die? Before or after you guys got it to the surface?

·
Super Moderator
27,947 Posts
That is insane!!! Man what a rush ya'll probably had!!! That is a fish of a lifetime:bowdown:clap:bowdown

I guess ifin most the AJ's are being caught have worms, that joker probably has anacondas!!!!!:letsdrink

BIG OLE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED!!!:letsdrink

21 - 40 of 47 Posts