Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who caught it? Outcast's Facebook page says they weighed it in today and it's a possible line class record/guaranteed back ache.

Anyone know anything else?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Its for real.... Stumpknocker caught it. It was on Josh Arrowood's boat. He came by to show me some pictures. Its a stud for sure!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I am surprised they havent posted yet...................they are probably asleep.........they fished all night, so maybe tomorrow they will post the pics and story

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
No joke guys i went by outcast this morning to get some eels and Tony said hey you gotta see this AJ we just weighted in..........and holy crap that thing dont even look real!!! A true giant!!! THANKS TO TONY AND THE BOYS AT OUTCAST FOR TAKING CARE OF US!!!

·
eating tasty
3,875 Posts
It's the truth.... I'll post pictures and the full report when I get home in a few.. Caught by Nick Seanor (Stumpknocker) on my boat 3-31-10 on 25 lb test and a Penn 8500. 128.67 lbs

edit it is NOT the AJ you see in my signature... that one one 93 lbs 14 oz and his dwarfed mine

·
Super Moderator
20,473 Posts
FenderBender (4/1/2010)It's the truth.... I'll post pictures and the full report when I get home in a few.. Caught by Nick Seanor (Stumpknocker) on my boat 3-31-10 on 25 lb test and a Penn 8500. 128.67 lbs

edit it is NOT the AJ you see in my signature... that one one 93 lbs 14 oz and his dwarfed mine
Thats awesome, congrats to all involved.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
FenderBender (4/1/2010)It's the truth.... I'll post pictures and the full report when I get home in a few.. Caught by Nick Seanor (Stumpknocker) on my boat 3-31-10 on 25 lb test and a Penn 8500. 128.67 lbs

Yea, but you really had to work for yours.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
JoeZ (4/1/2010)Who caught it? Outcast's Facebook page says they weighed it in today and it's a possible line class record/guaranteed back ache.

Anyone know anything else?
I can guarantee you that his back did not ache with the 25lbs test line......it took a lot of finesse to land that reef donkey with that kind of line.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Dude, It's an incredible achievement to land an AJ that size, but on that tackle? That's something more! Congrats, and I hope the line class record works out for you guys. :bowdown

·
Registered
181 Posts
how deep was the water and roughly what was the relief of the structure, assuming it was caught on or near some sort of structure?

Any word on stomach contents? I would LOVE to know!! Hopefully it didnt "purge" during the most likely lengthly fight. Just think about what it must have looked like when circling about 20-30' down esp if the water was pretty clear. Probably looked like a damn Volkswagon in a cul-de-sac. I have about half a dozen "friends" right off the top of my head that I would have given ANYTHING to watch battle that beast esp if they could have hung it on my 6/0 or 15LD with 100# no-stretch or even my International 30 with 80# Ande so they could really let the veins in their shaved, spray tanned arms pop out! I love nothing more than taking "dumb muscle" out there and hooking them into even a legal AJ in 200' much less this thing!

Congrats or I'm sorry bro whichever fits you best!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congratulations,that is one heck of a fish, the girth on that thing is amazing. Heck of a feet to land a brute like that 25 pound tackel.

Team Recess

Rob

1 - 20 of 47 Posts