Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new Edelbrock in my Panga 22 with 90HP Evinrude 20 months ago. I have a 40 gallon tank mounted in & below the console about 10 feet from the outboard. I use 3/8" fuel hose with a manual squeeze bulb to prime, no kinks to my two water separator fuel filters, then the fuel pump between the engine and filter output. Electrical cable size is more than adequate and it is mounted in a dry location.

This fuel pump retails for over $100 and lasted maybe 100 hours. I have two 12 volt electric fuel pumps in my Cal 46, one to pump diesel fuel from my forward 175 gallon tanks and another between the 50 gallon day tank and engine mounted filters. I installed them in 1983 and they are still working perfectly after 3,600 hours engine running time. Maybe diesel fuel rather than gas....?
Comments?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
No experience with either but I bet the new ones are not built as good as the new ones. I would also think that the closer you get them to the source, the better they would work. I just think they would push better than the suck

·
Registered
678 Posts
Only one I had experience with said it had to be mounted within 2’ of the gas tank
When I first installed it 6’ from the tank it would starve for fuel and after reading the directions and moving it next to the fuel tank I never had another problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I installed a new Edelbrock in my Panga 22 with 90HP Evinrude 20 months ago. I have a 40 gallon tank mounted in & below the console about 10 feet from the outboard. I use 3/8" fuel hose with a manual squeeze bulb to prime, no kinks to my two water separator fuel filters, then the fuel pump between the engine and filter output. Electrical cable size is more than adequate and it is mounted in a dry location.

This fuel pump retails for over $100 and lasted maybe 100 hours. I have two 12 volt electric fuel pumps in my Cal 46, one to pump diesel fuel from my forward 175 gallon tanks and another between the 50 gallon day tank and engine mounted filters. I installed them in 1983 and they are still working perfectly after 3,600 hours engine running time. Maybe diesel fuel rather than gas....?
Comments?
Did the electric motor or pump mechanism itself fail?

·
Registered
9,384 Posts
The new series 2, 2 cycle E techs dont have a primer bulb. Just an electric fuel pump. No problem just had 500 hour checkup on my new 150.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts