Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I decided to give it a try after morning coffee so we left for Ft Morgan at 8:30am and it was super foggy but we decided to head out at 10:30, hoping it would lighten up and it did after a couple of miles out.
We fished a few public spots and all we could catch was ARS between 14" to 18". We could have had our small limit in 15 minutes but we threw them 18"s back hoping to get some larger ones but no luck so we left with a small limit (17-18") and came back in and ran into even thicker fog a couple of miles from Ft Morgan.
The water was really clear and pretty blue, the clearest I've seen so far.
Anyway, I finally got a pic of the Humminbird Megalive (between locking up and dropping offline) of some small ARS and Trigs. They would come up to 10' below the boat, too bad the Trigs were too small (14"s).
The wife caught a small ARS and Trig on a slow pitch jig on one drop, lol.
I didn't take pics of the fish (too late).
Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gadget Cameras & optics Musical instrument accessory
Font Line Publication Wood Pattern
The "ring" of noise on the Live screen strobes really fast and isn't present all the time, the camera's shutter speed caught it though.
Ken

· Registered
3,517 Posts
We struggled for good snapper this year... got a couple limits but nothing over 22 inches and several days scratching out a partial limit. Florida's red snapper are closed now. :( Glad you guys found some fish! Those spaghetti lines on sonar are always an exciting thing to see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts