Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the show with my pops and Jason(j_purdy). Got out there at about 10am with a north wind, tide going on, and not too bad of a surf. Jason set us up on a nice wash out and we put the lines out. As soon as Jason throws in...boom...bluefish. Things are looking good...so we think. Dead low tide at 1130...couple more bluefish. We stay until about 145 and call it quits because all we were catching was bluefish. Jason had a hit, that he thinks was a pomp...but...it was the one that got away. I a couple picture my dad took, but its just bluefish...so who cares...either way...it was nice weather...sunny about noon, calm water on the beach......beats any day at work. Thanks again for more much needed info on surf fishing.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
At least you didnt get skunked. You should have thrown 1/2 of blue out there and seen if the toothies were around.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah we would have but we didnt really have the gear for it....ive been trying to catch pomps for a while now (never caught one). So all we brought was pomp gear...either way...be ready for the summer...yakin out baits for the big one.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
thanks for the report...that's what it's about, you don't always catch a limit and always catch what you target but, getting out there with family, friends soaking in a little sun, salt air and otherwise mother nature well, just count your blessings...better luck next time bro..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Jeff,

Enjoyed it. Sorry we couldn't swing a pomp but we'll try it again. By springtime you shouldn't have any trouble catching 'em.

-Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts