Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roomate, his dad, his dad's friend, and I decided to brave the weather and head out to Garcon point bridge Saturday and I'm glad to say that God looked down on us and we landed a few nice fish. Each time the four of us go out fishing, it's always in remembrance of my roomates little brother Coda. All four of us used to take him fishing and since we don't all fish together often, when we do decide to go, nothing stops us. The weather was crap and my roomate just got off of work (works over nights) but that wasn't going to prevent us from going. We fished a few pilings looking for sheepies but didn't have any luck, so we moved down to our honey hole and as soon as we got there I hooked into and landed a nice keeper red at 26". I said a little prayer to myself that Brandon (my roomate) got him one too. He doesn't get to fish much and is always talking about hooking into a red (he's caught a few). Well 20 minutes later and Brandon hooks into and his dad nets a nice 26.25" red! Wooooo what a trip. The rain was pouring and the wind was howling but by the grace of God we caught fish!

Tight Lines!

·
Praedator
10,010 Posts
Looks like the decision to brave the weather paid off. You wouldn't catch me out there Saturday, but good on ya for getting out there and catching fish. A keeper red is often worth it.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it wasn't too bad in that 25' boat. The rain was the worst part.The water was a little choppy but not bad.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Nice job Ray!

Too often we let the weather talk us into not going....you EARNED those pups! How's the ramp there these days? The dropoff at the end of the concrete seems to come and go. It can be a little tough with 2WD sometimes!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the ramp is a little rough, but they did add a nice little dock along the ramp for docking your boat......not much but it's a start.

·
Praedator
10,010 Posts
konz (12/17/2007)Yeah the ramp is a little rough, but they did add a nice little dock along the ramp for docking your boat......not much but it's a start.
I have not even used that ramp even though it's right down the road from me. I have heard to many bad things for anything other than small boats. But it you guys where able to launch a 25 footer, it must not be too bad.

So there is a dock orsomething other than the seawall there now?????? I havn't been down there in months.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to weigh them and they were caught on live shrimp. They were studs though! I didn't think either were keepers when i first saw them but after measureing a couple of times mine was 26 on the dot and his was 26.25. It was cool seeing the blue tail on the second fish......wanted to get a pic but didn't want the camera in the rain! By the time we got to the ramp the color had faded.

·
Registered
153 Posts
nice fish . I recognize the boat and truck . They live around the corner from me . I always thought that it was a pretty sweet boat . Glad to see it hauling in some fish!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice fish KONZ. Sounds like you paid the price. I like days like that., when youRTBthat first cup of hotJoe sure goes down nice.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Good deal and nice fish Ray:toast Thats how ya brave the elements and put fish in the box.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Great looking reds you guys. And like the guy above said, is good to hear a report from Garcon bridge area. Do u guys put out @ the Avalon boat ramp?...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the comments guys. We sure gave it our all. We launched at the Garcon Point boat ramp, which I think is the same as the Avalon ramp. We've just always called it the Garcon Point ramp, it's the one right next to the Garcon Point bridge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts