Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew, some may remember pics of him fighting fish when he visited this summer, finally began to show interest in hunting. I was up there visiting for the holiday and took him out on Friday. Made it home by 0930 in time for breakfast.

Kennenth (my nephew), Keith's son, is just now getting into hunting. After seeing my wife's Uncle Jim get a deer, I guess he figured anyone could do it.Thursday night before going to bed I told him if he wanted to hunt in the morning to wake me up. At 0530 he did just that, and I was more than happy to get up.He grabbed his .243 and we eased up the hill, a few minutes late. We jumped one up out of the garden. We sat down until he wascold and walked back down to the house to grab him some better gloves and warm histender hands a little. Then we eased down the hill. We circled around to thedown wind side of the hill and done some rattling. Waited a little bit and then slippedup the hill a litlle. Withmost of the hill side in view the action began to pick up. We see a nice buck trailing a doe but moving to fast for a shot, followed by a small spike. We found ourselves a seat and waited. We watched a doe bed down, and although I knew we should wait for the bucks to show, myMom and Step-Dad were do to leave soon and I wanted to get backto visit. I told him we would sneak out of there, but to keep an eye out. Well, I'll lethim tell you how the rest went.

<EMBED style="WIDTH: 480px; HEIGHT: 380px" src=http://video.xanga.com/xangaembedplayer2.swf?i=556458&m=f54e8&xt=1 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="opaque" bgcolor="#ffffff"> </EMBED><SPAN style="WIDTH: 0px">

A very nice 5 point, especially for a first deer and at 11 yrs old.

<SPAN style="WIDTH: 0px"> <SPAN style="WIDTH: 0px">

I believe this was his Uncle Charlie calling.

<SPAN style="WIDTH: 0px">

Kenneth and Cousin Codi dragging him to the truck.

Keith giving direction.

The ol men at the checkstation. Very cool.

I did most of the hard work, since it's his first, BUT

I did make him get a little messy, for the learning experience and of course,....

The traditional blood face rub.

What a crew. Congrats Kenneth on your first buck. Which I do believe was bigger than Uncle Jim's.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congrats, I thinks that is great, I did the same thing 7 yrs. ago with my nephew & he has taken several since & now lives to hunt. GOOD JOB!

·
Super Moderator
28,604 Posts
That's wonderful....experience that will last a lifetime!!! Congrats to ya'll!!!:clap:clap:clap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts