Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please keep in mind that I bring this exciting news to you in a very humble way. This is not a moment of bragging ,I am just an excited dad which is once again proud of his son.

I'm sure most of the members rememberfollowing & reading Zac's hunting stories this past season. His season left me speechless at times & I continue to wonder how everything falls into place for this young man. Zac ended his deer season with a total of 22 deer. Five of which were bow kills.

This year has changed his life with a dream come true.

I'll start this short storybackin early spring. Hunting season was over for the most part, fishing was around the corner & baseball was next on the hobby list. Zac has been playing ball since he was old enough to start tee-ball. This year it all came to an end.

The day I found out it was time for register I let Zac know & fully expected him to go with the flow. Instead, Zac stood up for his feelings & changed our world.

Zac came to me & said, "dad! We need to talk" Zac then told me quote " Dad, you know the last thing I want to do is disappoint you. I don't want to let you down, but I'm through with baseball!!!!!!! I do not want to play anymore, my heart is just not in it." With that being said I then had to come to grips that I would never get to sit & watch my son play again. I told him, " Son if your hearts not in it, then I don't expect you to play. " His next sentence would come truewith the speed that still leaves me in disbelief.

Zac said to me, " Dad my heart is in hunting & fishing &Iwant togive it my all. I want to make a living with it & have my own hunting show one day." With that said, I told him it never hurts to dream. Little did I know that God had a plan for him.

About three weeks later, I was invited to take Zac to a friends pond in Jay to bass fish. On a whim we decided to stop by Mike's Gun Shop on the way home. That stop would change his world. Mike Scott met little Zac that day & spent some time talking to him. After they made a connection Mike took notice to Zac & popped a question on him. Mike asked Zac what kind of grades he made in school. Zac replied " I'm an honor student sir! " Mike then asked Zac if he knew what an OL'MAN TREESTAND was.As most of us know, Mike is now the owner of OL'MAN,He then asked Zac, " Son how would you like to be part of my prostaff & help push my product." Zac freaked out & I about fainted.

Over about a three month period Zac has found himself picked as the youngest prostaff of the Nationwide hunting show called OUTDOOR ALLSTARS. The show is a Christian based hunting showproduced byWayne Burns from Birmingham AL.OUTDOOR ALLSTARShas been around for six years & it's ratings continue to grow.Zac will be hunting along side many of the CMA artists & other influential people. Direct TV is now inover125 million homes across the nation.If you have DIRECT TV. tune into the MAN ( Maximum Adventure Network )channel each week.This year instead of justhearing about Zac's hunting stories, watchOUTDOOR ALLSTARS onDIRECT TV , watch theMAN channel as Zac, fellow prostaff, & guest travel the country bringing the sport of hunting to your living room.

With Zac having hunts scheduled in Illinois, South Texas, Central Texas, Missouri, Alabama & Florida. The show is using himto helpbe apositive influence & capture the audience of our youth. Our future is in the hands of our children. In our troubled world, we need to focus on the children & try to bring back the morals we have sadly seem to have lost.

Looking back at the short time I have had with my son, I can remember ever since herealized he was alive, he has been in touch with the Lord. As he was growing up my friend Marc Kaunitz & I would joke & we wouldcall him little Jesus because he would never do wrong. I'm here today to tell you, my son is by no means perfect, but I am ever so proud of what he is about. He has earned his creditsby showingrespect, manners, the ability to communicate withpeople, & keeping God in his life. I listened to Zac during an interview from a reporter. When he was asked, What place are you looking the most forward to going towith all this. His response was " I am looking the most forward to reaching out to other youth in a positive way & being a good example to others." I thought WOW!!!! I believe in all my heart, this is a God sent for little Zac. I am so proud to be his dad.

I want to take this time to thank the Pensacola Fishing Forum & all of it's members. You people gave Zac so much support last year & I feel you have beena huge part of his success. Kids feed off of praise & you guy's gave him plenty of it.

Another special thanks to Ron Deckert, Adam Ellison, Ben Ellison, Mike Campbell, Joe Campus, Amos Hill, Jimmy Flowers, Marc Kaunitz, Jimmy Boyett, Richard Johnson, Jason Adams, Tommy Henry,The crew at OUTCAST BAIT & TACKLE, & all the other people that played a part in Zac's season last year.

A special thanks to my Lovely wife Chrissy whohas the roleof Zac's stepmother. Her help with Zac has been a huge blessing.

Another special thanks to Mr. Mike Scott for believing in Zac. Thank's for the hook up!!!!!!

Go to the link & check it out! http://www.outdoorallstars.com/

The first thing you may want to do is click on the speaker in the lower right corner to stop the intro music. Go to photo's & then prostaff.You can also find Zac in the news section. Click onhis picture & read more. Watch the six videos to get anexample of the show. Check out the guest & have fun navigating the site.

Check out the sponsors for the show. Without them it couldn't happen. Zac's most exciting moment thus far. Mathews just built him a bow with his name engraved in it.HE'S PUMPED to say the least.

The gentleman beside Zac is Mr. Wayne Burns.

When dead & gone, your legacy is your children.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
Congrats great opportunity, Im jealous. Good luck with it and hope the best for both of all. :clap:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
WOW!!!! that is truly fantastic!!!!...Congrat's to Zac..:bowdown:clap.....and Dad I darn sure would be bragging...congrat's to you for being you!!! and raising a fine young man like Zac!!:clap

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
I had the chance to meet Chad and Zac both today as I interviewed them for the Hook, Line & Sinker story this wek.

Wow.

It's one thing to be a great hunter at such a young age but entirely another to be so polite, well-spoken and completely straight forward.

This young man, not a boy but truly a young man, told me exactly what was on his mind and spoke what he felt.

Chad, be proud.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow congratulations Dad!!..I know I dont give God enough recognition publicly, but my first response here is definitely 'Give thanks to God!!' What an exciting experience for your son!

·
Registered
114 Posts
What a great opportunity, to be able to do something he loves in a way that honors God and helps him build his character and faith. Congratulations to both of you!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ecclesiastes 5:19

Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work?this is a gift of God.

Awesome!

·
Super Moderator
27,946 Posts
Chad, I cannot believe I just saw this post...:doh Tell ZAC he is in good spirits with the folks Mr. Scott has in line w/ him... This is a heck of an opportunity and you only thought I was joking when I commented about him having a show!!! Proud dad you are and I would be spreading it all over....Many great :clap:clap:clap to Zac and best hopes and dreams to ya'll...

GREAT JOB ZAC!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
439 Posts
Congratulations Zac, Keep up your Grades, and earn a buck or 2 while you experience what God has enabled you to. Congratulations to the Parents for raising a child the right way, Nice people do not always finish last.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
:bowdown:bowdown Also just read the article in PNJ. great article. I hope the best for Zac. Chad, you have made the Cooper name one that is respected in our hunting and fishing world and now Your son continues your legacy.:usaflag

Truly a gift from the good lord and glad to see it recognized as so:angel

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
What a great example of why we need to take the time to invest in our kids. I know you must be proud Dad!Looking forward to reading & watching moreof Zac:clap

1 - 20 of 50 Posts