Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Leeville La. last week and sawa mount oftheLouisiana State Record white trout,11 pounds. Caught in 1973.The kicker was, it was caught by the guy I went over there with and have worked with for the past year. He had never mentioned it. It was huge, when I first saw it I thought it was a speck until I got closer and didn't see any spots, fangs or yellow mouth. Knowing how peoplesome individuals on here think I guess it could have been a speck with the spots painted over but what would be the point. I'd much rather have an 11 pound speck as opposed to an 11 pound white trout, state record or not

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Ask some of the old timers and they'll tell you that Pensacola used to have some monster white trout. 7-9 pounds and better. No doubt there was a jumbo amongst them somewhere near 11.

I'd love to see that thing. You get a picture?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well the Biggest I have Caught was just shy of 7lb Many Years ago and I lost One That would More than Likely went close to 9lb but i was stupid and Grabbed the Jig In his Mouth and We All know how that went:banghead,

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
My uncle had the state record white trout for a while I beleive it was 7lbs and change but I do not remeber for sure. It was caught mackeral fishing at 3 mile

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bubba (2/2/2010)Was in Leeville La. last week and sawa mount oftheLouisiana State Record white trout,11 pounds. Caught in 1973.The kicker was, it was caught by the guy I went over there with and have worked with for the past year. He had never mentioned it. It was huge, when I first saw it I thought it was a speck until I got closer and didn't see any spots, fangs or yellow mouth. Knowing how peoplesome individuals on here think I guess it could have been a speck with the spots painted over but what would be the point. I'd much rather have an 11 pound speck as opposed to an 11 pound white trout, state record or not
I think I've seen this fish you are talking about. Is it at the Marsh Masters place by the bridge?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Donald Marion is the guy, Yes it was Marsh Masters. Don and I fish over there on a regular basis. He's fished over there for over 35 years and knows the area like the back of his hand. A good guy to go with and damn can that guy cook.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
my uncle caught a 11# speck off deer pnt years ago in a gill net. Looked like a 15# king as far as lenght goes but it was a speck! Dont know whats the biggest in this area is but it was big!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Back in the 70s 4-6 pounders were common around 3 mile and around the NAS Lexington dock, especially in the winter time. Makes you wonder what happened to the big white trout?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Death From Above (2/4/2010)Back in the 70s 4-6 pounders were common around 3 mile and around the NAS Lexington dock, especially in the winter time. Makes you wonder what happened to the big white trout?
sit @ 17th ave. boat launch and watch them unload cooler after cooler full of white trout, 100# per person . 3 guys fishing thats 300# in a day. They dont have a chance. I might keep a handful if i need to, but thats about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts