Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This report comes from a little farther east than most(Carrabelle area). Just my dad andI left the dock at 11:47 (we are crack of noon fisherman this time of year). We planned on going out to about 65' of water, but ran over a good show of bottom and turned around. I usually don't stop for stuff while running, as we usually are traveling in excess of 40 MPH, but this had a different look to it. We dropped anchor in about 48' of water and dropped our secret weapon baits. 37 minutes later we were on our way back to the hill with our limit for two and arrived back at the dock at 1:37.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
Welcome aboard for your first post.

Awesome catch. I give up what is your secret bait. PM me if you have to. George

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not that big of a secret. we call them squid condoms. pull the tenacles out and stuff a spanish sardine in the squid. we fished four rods, two with squid condoms and the other two just had either a squid, sardine or LY by itself. only two fish came from the ones without the combination.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
Now the question is when are we going fishing. I love to grouper fish, however the grouper out of Destin have been slammed. Pretty hard to find lately.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
wow what is it that you said you do for a living. I can't hardly afford the house I'm in. No just kidding. It ain't pretty but it is mine. How far is it you have to travel to fish down there.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Good report and pic's.:clap

I sure wish I could run up on a spot that held that many Gags. Right about now just 1 Grouper would do. I haven't been able to find any for a while now.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Nice pull of grouper:clap The squid/sardinerubber seems to work well for ya. I prefer Trojan myself:shedevil Good job and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this time of year the grouper are in so shallow that you can conceivably catch them as close as two miles, but i fish at least5 or 6to be very productive. We were probably 11 miles out on sunday, and will probably hit that depth again this weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just a little update to this, my dad left our office in tallahassee today at 12:30. 15 minutes ago he called and told me he had already finished his limit for two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts