Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An absolute stellar fishing day !....that almost didn't happen. I wasn't going to go today because it was a neap tide and the sun was bright with no cloud cover to be had.....but I was having a decent knee day and decided to take advantage of it and go anyway. I went to Alabama waters today to try some different areas that I thought that they might have moved into since the water temperature has dropped. Found some dink trout right off the bat ,but I kept moving and found a good keeper, then I caught a bull red. Finally got him in the boat, took his picture and set it free. Kept moving until I found an area that was loaded with good quality trout. Best fishing day so far this year ! I caught a bookoodle load of keepers and kept 6 of them. Turned a bunch of nice fish loose today. Had a beautiful sunset this afternoon and I snapped a picture of it before heading back up river.
Head Whiskers Asphalt Road surface Snout

Head Hand Automotive lighting Jaw Wood

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
when i read your post the other night, russ, i thought you had quit fishing for the season. my mistake. lol.
jack

·
VIP of the PFF
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i read your post the other night, russ, i thought you had quit fishing for the season. my mistake. lol.
jack
I go back to the orthopedic surgeon Friday to review my MRI. It might be over after that for a while depending on how bad it is and what kind of surgery has to be done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Way to go Russ, that's an outstanding day! Pretty red and a mess of nice trout, and a beautiful sunset to boot, that is hard to beat!

Reactions: THE POMPANO KING

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Time for a screen name change. I'll let you figure it out.
Every now and then, amongst all the ordinary fishing days, we get dealt one like this. Good job, Russ, and it doesn't appear to be lost on you.

Reactions: THE POMPANO KING

·
VIP of the PFF
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Time for a screen name change. I'll let you figure it out.
Every now and then, amongst all the ordinary fishing days, we get dealt one like this. Good job, Russ, and it doesn't appear to be lost on you.
Lol ! No more name changes ! I wish that I had stayed GROUPERKING .....pompanoking hasn't felt right since I done it. Lol !
On those special days I tend to stop and just take it all in and thank the Good Lord. Getting to watch the eagles again today, and really getting into some good fish and that sunset !....man I was feeling it today and I let him know that I was grateful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts