Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should i start...i had the day off today, and god, was i ever bored this morning... no surf:banghead all the fishing buddies are at work or school:banghead so i figured i'd go try one of the honey holes for some redfish and trout... FIRST STOP Gulf Breeze Bait & Tackle!.... got there, and was informed that they had a Christmas Sale going on... 25% off everything in the store except bait!... needless to say, i walked out with way more than i was planning on... (nothing wrong with that!:letsdrink)... Second Stop... (secret) honey hole... i make my way down and notice that the tide is ripping out of the canal... first cast.... WHAM!, as soon as it hits the bottom!... nice little 14-15" Trout... take a little photo op. and toss 'em back...

second cast.... WHAM!... as soon as it hit's the bottom (AGAIN!) nice little redfish!...

this continues for about 20 more minutes, until i lost all my jigheads (only brought 3 spares:banghead)... small fish, i know.... but on 4# test!, a BLAST!

enjoy:letsdrink

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem.... Check out how blue the tail is on that second redfish... now THAT is awesome!:bowdown

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
Inshore fishing with ultra light lines is a real challenge as knots must be perfect! I used to fish Bayou Texar with 2lb, what a hassle but did u ever see a redfish greyhound away? Fish seem to do unusual things attached to very light lines...enjoy!

·
Banned
910 Posts
The blue on the tail of that red is pretty cool. I have never seen that or if I have I never noticed. What causes that? Maybe he was spending time at the 17th street brige and got some over spray.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice day out there, sounds like you had fun. If I would have known someone was fishing out there I would have joined you (it's just down the street from my house).

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
seacapt (11/29/2007)Nice day out there, sounds like you had fun. If I would have known someone was fishing out there I would have joined you (it's just down the street from my house).
SSSHHHH!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can tell by the rocks where you are! I thought I was the only one with that spot. Damn it!

Nice honeyhole- it's ALWAYS nice to have an easy spot that's reliable. Nice fish on light tackle.

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bigfishrookie (11/29/2007)I can tell by the rocks where you are! I thought I was the only one with that spot. Damn it!

Nice honeyhole- it's ALWAYS nice to have an easy spot that's reliable. Nice fish on light tackle.

there'sa bunchof us that have fished that place since we were little (JHogue, ME, Freespool, Tmass, JLmass.... and a few others)

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tmass (11/29/2007)We went down there after seeing the post and I ended up catching 2 reds, The tide had changed so i think that had something to do with it. I dont think I have ever gone there and not caught something.
that's cause i caught most of'em!:moon

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there's alot of rocks around here like that.... did i mention i was in milton :poke :poke

1 - 20 of 29 Posts