Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Catch and release Pompano fishing again today (11-25) between Pensacola and Navarre. My niece, wife and daughter and I went out with 2 poles around 230 pm to the same spot as yesterday. Caught 1 pomp around 330, then nothing til after sunset when we caught 3 more. Pomos were 12-15" to the fork. Again, no other fish besides pomps. There were lots of small rays/skates? again cruising the first trough all the way up to the sand. I was casting past the first bar--only about half as car as I can cast so i'm guessing about 50-60 yds out. Used blue water pompano rigs again in the crystal clear water courtesy of Rich Vidulich. I have never fished water this clear. I think Ive fallen in love with Gulf Coast beaches although I love the east coast too. I want to thank everyone on the forum as I have learned from all the posts, and especially Rich Vidulich, Russ Johnson, Scott Traynom and Christopher Vecsey for all the things Ive learned from you guys.

I shall be back in April.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,951 Posts
Glad everything lined up fer ya and you had a great ending on your trip! Until next time, keep on fishing and posting!

Fixed your date too brother!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts