Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of movement today. Morning hunt got ruined by someone walking in through the draw an hour after shooting light. Still saw 4, 2 does each with a yearling. Afternoon saw 6, 3 does with yearlings in tow. About 20 minutes after this fella walked out. He stayed in the real thick stuff so my shot opportunities were limited but when he hit an open spot and scent checked those does he caught one in the lungs. Made it 30 yards and got his horns hung up on a vines. Anybody got recommendations for taxidermists in south Alabama?

Attachments

· Registered
7,366 Posts
Real nice buck.

Reactions: OwenM

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What did that thing weigh? You’re either tiny or that thing has been eating good.
Im no NBA player but he was big. I’ve killed a couple true 180’s and he felt a good bit heavier. I did a necropsy to see why he’s been on, all briars. Lots of galberry leaves, a few seeds Im not familiar with. No acorns

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Owens taxidermy is who I took him to. Talked with the guy for a while and looked at all his work. Great guy, great prices. So if anyone else camps/hunts in Alabama and lives in florida he’s a great choice for taxidermy. Couple more pics for entertainment

Attachments

· Registered
1,309 Posts
Owens taxidermy is who I took him to. Talked with the guy for a while and looked at all his work. Great guy, great prices. So if anyone else camps/hunts in Alabama and lives in florida he’s a great choice for taxidermy. Couple more pics for entertainment
Chris is a good friend of mine and we help each other out as much as possible. You'll be pleased with your choice!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts