Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added up to a nice mess though. East winds were 15 mph or better this morning. It was dragging 4ozs down the beach. I Caught 2 pompano and 3 catfish at my setup spot. Before I left I moved down the beach to a trough that I thought might hold some whiting. I only caught 2 whiting there ,but I picked up 3 black drum as well. The dang bluefish were thick there and I caught a passel load of them, but I set all of them free since I don't eat them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have been following your posts, Russ.You definitely have the when and where tuned in. I fished that same area this am wound up with 2 bluefish, one cat and a whole bunch of smallish whiting.No pomps. about 1/2 mile east of there on Monday I found a pretty good hole and caught one of those black drum a few nice whiting and 1 pomp. fish bites aren't working so well for me latley how are they doing for you?

·
VIP of the PFF
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bite on fishbites has definitely slowed down. I don't know what's up with that. I've noticed it the last couple of trips. That's why I took some shrimp with me this morning. I still fished the bites but added some shrimp to it to seal the deal. I hadn't fished this spot in a while, there wasn't but one other person fishing there this morning. He caught a couple of bluefish and left. He was using sandfleas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts