Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oldest and I left out at 5:00AM Saturday morning heading south. After detouring to PCB to pick up a new(to me) 50w we made it to Navarre beach around noon. Set up and tried for pomps and whiting with no results what so ever! Fishbites remained untouched until they melted off the hook, fleas were stolen immediately, pinfish chunks remained untouched until after dark. Around 3 the rest of Ballistic Marine Group arrived and we set to battling the surf to get baits out. It was almost dark by the time we got all lines set and the waiting started. Around 7 Mike's line went slack, but no hookup. Shortly after I caught a decent bluefish, and my son caught a hardhead, followed by another hardhead. surf poles went in the truck at that point. A total of 9 baits soaked until almost midnight with no action and the cold finally made us pack up. Mike's bluefish was the only bait touched among the ray, bonita, and jack smorgasbord. We headed north and made it home around 5 and had bluefish and grits before bed. While we didn't catch a shark, it was an absolute blast for Evan and that is what truly matters. Our next trip is planned 12/9, hopefully we can pput a dusky or two on the sand.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
We've all had those days, thanks for the report though.

Haven't had luck with stingray in a few weeks now, might be something to do with them crowding the Destin Pass lately.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We still had a blast, and big fish are paid for with time on the sand! I am definitely going to hustle up some fish baits next trip, just didn't have time on this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts