Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally, in this spot, you gotta climb at least 20 feet high or you're at risk of getting stampeded by these pine goats.

Not a thing so far this morning. In all fairness, I did shoot one here yesterday afternoon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had a doe ease through at 35yds... lucky bish... stupid regulations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Hunter
1,081 Posts
Good Luck! Cold weather made it, feels much better, should have them on their feet at some point.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
I knew he would show up this afternoon and I would have one possible easy chance at him. He's a decent 8, tall rack. Dang helicopters started circling and I couldn't hear anything. After watching over my left shoulder, where I felt good about the trail he would cross the creek, I shifted to my right a while. At 5:20, I looked over my left shoulder and he was standing broadside at 15 yards. He just wouldn't turn away and after several tense minutes I could tell he was about to leave. I attempted to ease around and he locked in on me. I was in full camo, mask and all but he knew something wasn't right. He leaped back across the creek out of sight, blew a few times and was gone.

Didn't get a shot but a great hunt, other than those [email protected] helicopters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,778 Posts
Dang, 15 yards is a dead deer when it all goes right. He’ll be back, hopefully. I had a 4 or 6 at 30 yards and 3 doe at 60. Just didn’t get the shot I needed on the does. Tomorrow is gonna be the day.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sorry no service where I was at. Shoot her at 4pm . Shot was 47yrds . Hit her a little back but got one lung . Ran 130 yards making it a long drag but still very happy. Longest shot I ever took. Practicing since August is paying off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Dang, 15 yards is a dead deer when it all goes right. He’ll be back, hopefully. I had a 4 or 6 at 30 yards and 3 doe at 60. Just didn’t get the shot I needed on the does. Tomorrow is gonna be the day.
Yeah, had I not moved the stand to the opposite side of the creek this year, he would probably be dead today. I couldn't leave well enough alone. I may move it back to the old spot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts