Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casting for the Cure! Come join us at Tacky Jack's in Orange Beach on Marina Road on Friday 10/26/07 from 4 p.m. till 6 p.m. Procedes benefit kids with Cystic Fibrosis!

This is new charity event held by Darryl Wheatley of the Weekly Fishermen! The event will take place each Friday afternoon in Orange Beach with varying locations! There is no entry fee! Contestants cast D.O.A. Lures at a series of floating rings. Points are acrued in the peliminary rounds with three finalist casting for up to $1000. Other prizes include Ocean Waves Sunglasses, Bar Tabs, Tee Shirts and other donated items!

If you are interested in participating, please swing by Tacky Jack's this Friday afternoon between 4 and 6 and help us Cast For A Cure!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
wow, sounds great! the only problem is doa's are not a good lure to test ones accuracy. they will flutter and die-out uncontrollably, especially with windy conditions. A hookless mirrorlure or topwater lure is ideal for a casting comp. with light tackle,they fly like arrows and wont snag targets.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
>> the only problem is doa's are not a good lure to test ones accuracy. they will flutter and die-out uncontrollably, especially with windy conditions. <<

That sounds like the whole idea, that way it opens up the playing field to anybody with an arm. It sounds like a great time for everybody....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I donated 20 bucks for a good cause and i got a nice t-shirt, and i won a 40.00 gift cert to outback. Not to mention it was fun watchin everybody sling that doa like it was gonna pay for their Bar tab

1 - 5 of 5 Posts