Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just checked the cameras and haven't seen this fella this year....I'd say he is at least legal if not just barely shy of it. Don't matter, my youngin knows ifin it at least a big fork it get a free pass!!! Kinda cool pic of a nannnie jumping over the feeder either playing w/ her baby....or being chased by yotes! I walked outside last night and have never heard yotes like that! Them jokers were having a party!!! I've heard them howl and yelp, but these last night were making all kinds of weird racket!!!

Enjoy the pics and get out and kill em!

PRMS0063.jpg

PRMS0489.jpg

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Jason,
Sometimes its the shutter actuator clacking, and sometimes it is the flash or infrared that spooks them.
There was a thread on here awhile back where they took a piece of foam and silenced the shutter/clacking noise.
And somebody else darkened the infrared lens to reduce spooking.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Glad to see you're getting some mileage out of the Feeders Jason. Looks like the deer are coming to them pretty good. Now you just gotta attract Ol' Mossy Horns.....

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't help you with the camera. I do have a question about Shoal Cat. Looking at 2004 17.5' with a 50 Honda. Thoughts??
Shoal Cat is a great sled.....I love mine. I think a 50 would be a little underpower. Mine only goes 23-25 MPH. I have been thinking that if anything ever happens to the 70 on mine I may try a 90! Also depends on the $$$ they want fer the sled too?

Since there is a 6 year gap in the 2 cats, the 50 may be good...It probably has a max HP rating of 75 anyways.

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jason,
Sometimes its the shutter actuator clacking, and sometimes it is the flash or infrared that spooks them.
There was a thread on here awhile back where they took a piece of foam and silenced the shutter/clacking noise.
And somebody else darkened the infrared lens to reduce spooking.
Yeah Pat, them shutters clacking don't bother em too much....it actually intrigues them and get several shots of deer nosing the cameras!!! Ifin I could pull it off my desktop, I have a series of 5-6 pics of a doe walking straight to the camera and putting her eye into it!!!

Here is a nose shot I just got!

nose.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts