Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(11/4, my bad )

Me and the wife went this evening, started off with a n/e wind which was good for me to hang a lock on in a place that my wife seen a decent buck at yesterday.

Hung lock on and climbed in..... 20 min later the wind shifted and was way wrong for where I was at, dangit, hung stand for nothing.

Climbed down and sat on ground close by with favorable wind direction. Around 5 I could hear a deer behind me walking, eventually it showed itself and was a doe, she eased around in front of me and made mistake of getting broadside at 25 yds, I let er rip and she piled up within 50 yds.

Be back at it tomorrow evening, hopefully the wife will score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hunter
1,081 Posts
Nice shot! That did some serious damage!

Reactions: delta dooler

·
Registered
13,779 Posts
I got a pack of those last year and I'm so impressed at the damage they do...especially for the price. I looked for them a few weeks ago and it seems they aren't available now. Bummer.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a pack of those last year and I'm so impressed at the damage they do...especially for the price. I looked for them a few weeks ago and it seems they aren't available now. Bummer.

They are getting hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
smart move to hunt the wind, even if its from the ground. Good shooting too :)

·
Blind Squirrel
270 Posts
Congrats. Must admit I am impressed that you not only packed in and mounted a hang on stand to hunt from. But then abandoned it when the wind turned and hunted from the ground. All without sweating to death creating scent and moving around too much to blow your cover. And still closed out the hunt with a harvest. You are a seasoned vet fo sho. Tip of the cap and a slow clap to you good sir.

·
Super Moderator
29,873 Posts
Yessir....fill that freezer baby! Hopefully momma will show ya up tonight!

Reactions: delta dooler
1 - 11 of 11 Posts