Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out around 9 or so. On the way back in from running my bait James got hooked up on the 9/0. Crazy thing is that he actually got spooled, but by some miracle the knot on the spool held! James was actually able to pick back up some line & then he was back in the game! 30 minutes later we had an 82" sandbar beached! Got pictures & released her to fight another day, but not before she tail-slapped the sh** out of my leg & Nathan's arm/back/etc. Haha. 3:00 now & haven't had a run in a while. Did have a breakoff around 1:00 though. SCRATCH THAT! JEFF IS HOOKED UP RIGHT NOW! ISN'T IT CRAZY HOW THAT HAPPENS?!

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hahahaha... oh my gosh. Scratch that again. He WAS hooked up. He biffed it like three times trying to run backwards into a hill in the sand & got a bunch of slack & then the shark bit through his trace. Must have started head shaking when the line went slack & caught the leader just right.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yup, we did. They were repulsively disrespectful. They did a half donut on the four-wheeler & sprayed all of our stuff with sand when they left..
They were courteous when I was talking to them though, laughed after I explained what happened, probably weren't thinking when they peeled out.

·
Austin
33 Posts
That was crazy!!! I cant believe that knot held like that. That beast took over 100 yards in about 10 seconds. It sucks ya'll didnt get one on the beach after we left. I'm planning on going back out there tonight if anyone is interested.

·
Austin
33 Posts
haha I know what you mean. I take all sorts of layers out there, and even got a tent for when the wind starts to pick up. I'm not built for the cold....or 65 degrees haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a blast catching that thing. Def a great catch for first time goin shark fishing. Thanks austin for letting me grab the rod on that one. And thanks for the help beaching that fat lady fellows. Def got me hooked on shark fishing!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts