Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10/23 - Went out with the wife, Wes, and the kids just to goof around and hit some public numbers for snapper... We were not disappointed. Landed 8 legal snapper with two at 28in and the others all over 20". Even released a 16" b/c we were feeling blessed! :) Hit another public spot and basically got broke off by massive fish or had sharks eat the ones we stopped...

10/24 - Shot offshore in the Robalo 246. It got sporty (2-3 ft) around 20 miles out but we made 30+ mph. Got to our first spot, only to find a commercial boat laying waste to mingo and anything else they brought up. Caught one 5lb mingo and a scamp, then we went off in search of more. Ran over a spot so went back and drifted it... lost a few scamp, then a 60lb wahoo pulled right up to boat! I'm talking 2ft away! Pitched a hardtail and he wanted nothing to do with it! Hit a few more spots with some mingo and scamp... Then pulled up a little ledge and immediately pulled up a ARS..ugh! My buddy hooks another ARS up and then gets slammed! Brings up the ARS only to see it almost descaled from the gills down! (Almost a 4lb ARS) We throw down a live mingo and boom! Red Grouper! Then another, and another! We stopped at 3, but probably could have pulled 7 or 8 from there! Ended up with basically a 3 man limit of scamp, red grouper and a few mingosaurus thrown in there for good measure!

Great day on the water!

Til next time, tight lines!

Capt'n Daddy!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Very good report thanks for making me jealous.

·
Ms Ruth 07 Pursuit 265LS
1,263 Posts
Great catch capt!

Reactions: Capt'n Daddy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts