Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I can remember an October where 4 oz lead or greater was required to fish the surf on just about every day. Tried to get away with 2 oz pyramid yesterday and it was hopeless against a stout easterly flow. Four oz today kinda/sorta worked. But slinging a quarter pound of lead is like working a jigsaw puzzle. I can do it, but I don't want to. Fished the west pass north of the bridge for a couple of hours and caught one undersized red and five mangrove snapper. It is pretty amazing how the pass has changed since Nate. The channel is pushed up against the west wall. It's shin deep for at least two thirds of the way across the pass north of the bridge. There is still enough of a channel to allow the disgusting gill net boats to come and go. I saw five yesterday.

Unless I have forgotten how to fish, the fall bite took this week off.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I tried yesterday and think you're right. All I got was the tiniest pomp I've ever caught. Maybe next week will be better?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re:" disgusting gill net boats ". Used to be a normal thing to see schools of bait getting hit in the gulf, bays, and sound, after years of swarms of net boats... well how widespread are schools of bait now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts