Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of trechnical issues we got out the nipple around 3:00PM Tuesday. Water was blue with bait but scattered grass. With only my wife and I aboard I went south of the nipple till we were mostly out of the grass and started the troll SE. No bites, set up for swords and had one bite which was probably a shark.

Around 3:00AM idled toward the spur and started trolling at day break. Went over to the dumping grounds and back west, caught a 10# cow. Later about 5 miles SE of the elbow we landed a 70# or so wahoo. Headed back up to the elbow, pretty water, small flying fish but nothing else. Headed back in around 3:00PM.

The fish looks smaller than it was. It is bent a little and she is 5' 11".

Attachments

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Regardless of the weight, that's a nice Wahoo. Any lines formed up around the Elbow? Clouds are blocking satellite shots

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regardless of the weight, that's a nice Wahoo. Any lines formed up around the Elbow? Clouds are blocking satellite shots
Nothing around the elbow. There was some slicks at the NE corner of the DG going NE towards the elbow. Some grass but scattered too much to fish with only the wife and I. Tons of big jelly fish. Small flyers also.

After talking to your co-worker Mark we were going to start at the elbow and troll to the floaters. A clogged oil screen and a bracket full of water delayed us too much. Had to go into P'cola Pass to drain the bracket and install the proper access port covers I had on the boat.

Much thanks to Mark and Sam's for the advice but unfortunately we were delayed too much. Did any body do anything at the rigs?

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I think pretty much everybody killed it at the rigs. Awesome Tuna bite and quite a few Billfish and big Dolphin caught

1 - 7 of 7 Posts