Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this post is a little late, but I still wanted to make it. So on Sunday my buddy Mike in PCB took me, Nathan (MoganMan) & his wife Amy out to try to find some red snapper. Put in @ St. Andrew's around 8:45 & headed over to the floating bait barge to pick up a few dozen live cigs. After getting cigs we made a stop at one of the buoys to try to find some more bait before heading out, but the spot didn't produce much bait & we already had plenty of cigs & some bull minnows from Half Hitch, so we decided to leave. Headed 17 miles out to one of Mike's favorite spots & found some AJs right away, but they were all under slot. I also got a decent bonita right away as well. Since the snapper weren't there, we headed close-by to another one of Mike's favorite spots. Got our 4-man (technically 3 man & 1 woman) limit (& a few decent mingos) really quick! No monsters (all 3-6 pounds) but we still had a great time. Water was a little bit rougher than projected so anchoring didn't work out to well & we just ended up drifting in order to pick up our limit, so it still worked out. Oh, & Nathan also got to put his Solterra 50W to the test at the snapper spot on an absolute hog of a hardhead catfish. That thing had to have crushed the scales @ .75 pounds or so... Haha. Stopped at another spot on the way back in to try to pick a fight w/ a big AJ, but they weren't cooperating, so decided to head for home. Got back, cleaned our fish, split up the catch between Mike/Amy & Nathan/I then Nathan & I went home & enjoyed some of our catch for dinner! It was really nice to get offshore for once since neither Nathan or I get to do it very often. We had a great time! Thanks Mike, we really appreciate you taking us out!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts